Tuesday, September 20, 2011

American Breakfast Part 1

It is really hard to find American-style breakfast foods here. Nobody has ovens, so they don't really do biscuits at all. You can get bagels, but biscuits and gravy is generally out of the question. If you ask a Korean what they had for breakfast, you're likely to hear "Kimchi and rice." They don't eat breakfast here like we do, they eat the same thing 3x a day and don't see anything unusual about it. There's no concept of "breakfast" as a special food group.

 Anyways, during my first trip to Seoul we had the opportunity to eat breakfast food not once but twice! Here is what I wrote about the first place:

 One of our party has a favorite restaurant in Itaewon called Richard Copycat's All-American Diner. So that was our first stop.


I ordered got the breakfast plate with a waffle. Two people got the biscuits and gravy, and the other got a hamburger which looked amazing.


I should have ordered the biscuits and gravy. The gravy was damn tasty. (Brian let me try his because he is awesome.) The waffle left much to be desired. Oh well.


The country potatoes were good! The hashbrowns not the best (I got both because I ordered one and they brought me the other when they realized their mistake. I didn't remember which one I had ordered when I got it, and I don't remember now either.)

Overall, would eat there again. It was pretty good American food, except that pitiful excuse for a waffle.

1 comment:

Dad said...

I Guess I'll be missing American breakfast enough to try this too.