My plans to attend Korean class were thwarted this week. I decided it would be better to simply sleep in seeing as I have developed a flu or something similar. Headache, bodyache, dripping things in my sinuses and the cough that comes along with it. One of the Korean teachers wrote down the name of a medicine for me, and then brought me some the next day in case I forgot to go to the pharmacy on my own. She's really sweet :)
There's no such thing as a sick day in Korean culture. If you're not in a hospital bed, you're expected to show up. That is how I got this in the first place. Teachers and students both are coughing left and right, red-eyed, slumped over their desks. Hooray we're all gonna get the flu!
So I'm on Sudafed and Tylenol at work feeling like a zombie. I drank green tea with lemon last night even though it tasted terrible to me. It might have helped a bit. Leave a comment and let me know your favorite flu/cold remedies.
5 comments:
Hope it is one of the shorteer varieties of flu.
Just caught up on your other posts. It is great to follow you on your adventure.
You get sick a lot. I hope you feel better soon.
I think the best way to get better is as much liquid and rest as you can get..I believe in the chicken noodle soup thing also...If you have to go to work go then come home go to bed...repeat as needed...get well or maybe just megwarp yourself to a time you is not sick....
Ohf...sorry to hear you're sick :( I hope you get to feeling better soon!
I'm sorry honey! Drink lots of fluids and chicken soup. I also found a helpful link with a ton of good advice *hugs*
http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/features/treating-flu-at-home
Post a Comment