Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Kimbap

This was my lunch the other day. There is a kimbap place right next to my work. These are everywhere. A kimbap is a traditional Korean fast food. It is very similar to sushi.
















It comes wrapped in foil like so. (I got a vitamin C drink and some milk with it because I was coming down with the flu at the time.) Notice the tiny bag containing two pieces of pickled radish. You really can't get away from the stuff.














It is sliced into bitesize pieces.



Seaweed wrapped around rice with ham, egg, pickled radish, cucumber, carrot and a couple of things I'm not really sure about...

It's kind of sweet and salty, a good balance of flavors.

2 comments:

Mr. Dan said...

looks very interesting but the thing I like about sushi is the wasabi and soy sauce...does that stuff have anything similar to that?

Anonymous said...

Not related to the food (which sounds interesting) but how are you feeling? Any better?