There are several banchan or side dishes, which by now you've discovered must be served with EVERY meal in Korea (or it isn't a meal.) These are some pickled radish in water, and pickled scallions, and marinated mushrooms and the ubiquitous kimchi.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Juk
This is 죽, or rice porridge. This is my favorite kind, 소고기야채죽, beef vegetable porridge. Juk is really good for your health and easy to digest. It is served to sick people and old people and babies. I eat it when I'm sick, but also sometimes I eat it just because it is delicious and filling. This was a just-because I wanted it meal.

There are several banchan or side dishes, which by now you've discovered must be served with EVERY meal in Korea (or it isn't a meal.) These are some pickled radish in water, and pickled scallions, and marinated mushrooms and the ubiquitous kimchi.
I took a picture of this shop called Juk Story because it had some pretty pictures of the various kinds of juk. (Another favorite of mine is the orange one on the wall, sweet pumpkin porridge). Complete with random English. Isn't it cute?
There are several banchan or side dishes, which by now you've discovered must be served with EVERY meal in Korea (or it isn't a meal.) These are some pickled radish in water, and pickled scallions, and marinated mushrooms and the ubiquitous kimchi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes. I remember how everything over there came with all that. I got so used to it I had to start making my own American version over here. Now I haul out olives, carrots, sweet pickles, etc. with every sandwich!
Post a Comment