Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cheeseburger Day

I ate a cheeseburger for lunch today. That was my plan before I got up today.

There's a Lotteria on the same block as my school. Lotteria is like the Korean McDonald's. It is owned by Lotte, which is a megabrand corporation over here. Lotte department store is a humongous landmark in this town. It is not very far from where I work. I can see the giant building from the street I work on, not to mention the huge ferris wheel on top!
Link
So I saw Harry Potter at the Lotte Cinema, and I drank Lotte brand Chilsung Cider (Which is like Sprite) when I go out. And I drink Lotte brand pomegranate juice and yogurt at home. You can chew Lotte gum, eat Lotte cookies and chocolates. You can stay at the Lotte Hotel, you can go to Lotte World in Seoul ( Picture here. Remind you of some other World?) Lotte is everywhere. Wikipedia page for those interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotte_%28conglomerate%29

So today I ate a Lotte Big Mac at Lotteria. It wasn't called that though, it was a Giant Double Burger. It had cheese sauce, "thousand sauce", pickles, onions, lettuce, tomato, and two beef patties with cheese on a sesame seed bun. Sound familiar? Except for the cheese sauce. I think all of their burgers have cheese sauce, not sure why. To make it healthy, I brought my own water bottle and skipped out on ordering the "set" which is the fries and coke with the burger. (24g protein at around 400 calories isn't bad.)

I am going to try every burger on their menu at some point this year. Because I do like cheeseburgers.

No comments: