I am working while everyone back home is sleeping. It is so odd.
Today I have essays to grade from elementary school students. It is harder than you'd think. Also, my middle school students will probably be back today. My last class of the night starts at 8:55pm and it has 17! middle school students. I am not looking forward to having this entire class show up. It is hard enough to control 7 teenagers. Oh well. Hope everybody is sleeping soundly :P
Update: some amusing sentences from the worst essays I got:
"I swimming pool recommen dation at Other people."
"I can dabing in water for my family and swimming pool is very cool."
WTH is dabing? I don't know what they meant to say so I just crossed the whole thing out.
Then I had this doozy which I will post in its entirety:
"I favorite thiing to do in summer vacation is learn swimming reasons is I can't swimming and I don't like nose ear dring watch water and my family is all can't swimming and I want learn swimming now a few more is Summer vacation at that time as for swimming apart from amusement park, pool etc many be out on the tiles now intentionally summev vacation wile"
Somebody please teach these kids about punctuation! Oh wait that's my job. But for real, I have a vague idea what this student is going on about but no idea where to start fixing what is oh so very wrong here... >.<
No comments:
Post a Comment