What are your favorite traveling songs? There are a bunch of songs that remind me of traveling and I take them with me everywhere on my mp3 player. I am bored and trying to stay awake halfway through the flight from east coast to west coast so I will sleep as much as possible on the next leg -- the 13 hour flight across the Pacific Ocean. So I’m going to make a top ten list of songs that are on my mp3 player, the ones that inspired me to go on this harebrained adventure in the first place.
1. Closer to Me - Dar Williams
2. Out of Range - Ani Difranco
3. Miracle of Living - Darrell Scott
4. Beggar man - Gaelic Storm
5. Beijing - Melissa Ferrick
6. Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
7. Bright Lights - Matchbox 20
8. Traveling Again - Dar Williams
9. She’s Got Her Ticket - Tracy Chapman
10. Life is a Highway. Why not…
While I was waiting around for my delayed flight, I moved my “Learn Korean” CD over to my mp3 player from the flash drive I downloaded it to, so I could listen to it (which I did) but I have since discovered that when I shuffle my music, every 3rd track turns out to be a 2 minute Korean lesson. I don’t know if this is annoying or helpful, or both.
I’m getting sooo sleeeeepy. I drank my 5 hour energy shot a couple of hours ago, and I took a nap on the way from Nashville to Charlotte but I am already sleepy. It is midnight back home right now, and I found it very difficult to sleep last night and the night before. I Fail.
There is internet I could have paid for it on this flight, but we only have an hour left, and I can probably get free wifi on my layover in LAX. If it wasn’t so damn expensive I would have bought it and used it earlier, but 13 dollars just to get on the internet?!? No way man! I brought pistachios and crackers in my bag instead of buying a sammich in flight, so I guess I’m too cheap to pay 13 dollars for something I can get free when we land. Yep. Dad would be proud lol.
2 comments:
Yep, Dad's proud of you. If I'd been there, I'd have bought you TWO sandwiches.
My last two days: Stayed up half the night with a kidney stone making it's way out. Got up late and decided to just stay home.
Last night I stayed up again - it really only bothers me when I try to sleep. Finally got off to sleep around two. Work calls at three. I got up on one hour's sleep and worked to fix a computer while we racked up charges at $1000 a minute. After $50,000 of charges, I got it working. I stayed a total of six ours to document stuff and answer to what had happened. Had a short nap and got up to check my fav bog.
Hope your day goes better kiddo.
I'm sorry honey. I know how that feels and I have been inthe same boat before! Totally bored, with no wifi and trying to keep my eyes open. You made it through though and I know that one day you will be really glad that you are documenting your experience!
Post a Comment