Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bar-hopping in Seoul, Part 1

After we took the train, we took the subway to Itaewon and ate at an American breakfast diner. Details on that in a later post. We then went to another area to try to find a motel and meet up with Kit and Ryan. At some point we got separated doing these two things, and my group ended up discovering this bizzare piece of street art:


Kit took a picture of me in front of this enormous chair for all the people who have said they wanted to see a picture of me up on my blag. We have no idea why it was there! Random! Soon after this, we all met up again and took a taxi to another area and found a place to stay and decided to go out looking for fun.

We found some fun. We didn't go to this place, everybody just thought the name was funny enough for me to take a picture to share with you. That is the Ho Bar, number 2! Ho Bar II. We decided to keep walking, and found a German restaurant/brewery. There is everything in the world in Seoul apparently. So we stopped in.

This was our first stop of the night. I took a picture of the stills (is that what they're called? I don't remember.) because it was pretty cool. It was a fancy little place.


This place was pretty serious about making authentic beer I think. I took a picture of the bags of hops they had stacked in the hallway next to the stills. You can read the labels in this one.


Yeah those bags of hops, these guys had a lot of them. This place must make a lot of beer. They had several different varieties. We tried them all.

And we were happy about it. I will end with another photo of me -- look I am a real person! Two photos of me in one blog! Wow!

As for the beer: I drank the Dunkel, which is a dark beer. It was pretty decent, but I'm still not a huge fan of beer. The food wasn't anything spectacular, just your average sampler plate of generic fried appetizers. We were not super impressed with the food, but the ambiance in this restaurant/brewery was really nice and super fancy. We were not fancy enough for it, so we moved along in search of cheaper fare.

Look for part 2 sometime in the future, with all the details fit to print about the rest of our adventures.

1 comment:

Dad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.