Monday, August 15, 2011

Motorcycles

One of my friends mentioned the stereotype of terrifying moped rides through Asia... So I thought I would write a bit about it. I have to say that this stereotype is well-earned. You can order delivery food from just about anywhere in Korea. Even McDonald's has home delivery service here! And all of the delivery guys zip around on little motorcycles, blatantly ignoring any and all traffic rules.

I frequently see them zip through red lights by circling around the intersection like they're making a right turn but then zipping straight across the way they were going. I've also seen them on sidewalks, and squeezing between two cars on a two lane street, which isn't a good idea in America but ESPECIALLY isn't a good idea here, where the lanes appear to be merely suggestions and hardly anyone ever uses a turn signal.


No comments: