Look at your cell phone. Where was it made? Almost all of them come from Korea. This is truly the land of cell phones. There's a cell phone store on what seems like every single corner here. The head teacher went with me today to check out the deals on cell phones with me. We walked around our neighborhood and went to about 6 different stores all on the same block. That's how many of them there are!
We found out through the use of calculators and broken English that it really didn't matter which brand we went with, they are all offering identical deals. We ended up going back to the closest store to our houses, which had a young female clerk who spoke quite good English and had explained all of the details of the plan and cancelling it. She made notes in English all over the paperwork before I signed so I knew what I was signing. I have a copy I can have someone translate for me, but since the details were exactly the same at all of the stores we went to and exactly like what all the other teachers before me got, I'm not worried.
I was determined to get a smart phone, because they are so freaking cool. I've cancelled the internet for my apartment because I have an internet addiction problem, so I will not be online as much as I was before. I am going to pay 55 dollars a month and have unlimited internet on my phone instead of paying 35 dollars a month for a phone and 40 dollars a month for internet. I figure I will get annoyed at my phone much easier than I will at my netbook, and therefore use the internet less often. It isn't that easy to type on a tiny touch screen.
My new phone has a camera on the front so I can do video skype calls! That's all I would really miss about internet in my house. If I need real computer internet, I can use the one at work (Like I'm doing right now) or go to an internet cafe (They are everywhere) or steal wifi with my netbook (wifi is also everywhere).
Anyways my new phone is freaking cool. They told me it has TV on it, like pretty much every phone in Korea. And the best part? Free phone! I don't pay a dime for it unless I cancel my 2-year contract early, and they figured up the cancel fee as 50 dollars if I cancel after 1 year. How sweet is that? Verizon needs to get their act together back home!
2 comments:
I want one!
Wow! That is awesome. What is wrong with the cell phone companies here?!
Post a Comment