Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Total Calorie Overload.

I had another burger at Lotteria this week, just for you! I want to let you know it was so difficult for me to eat fast food, but I sacrificed and managed to down an excess of a thousand calories in one sitting for your sake. I endured all of this so that I could review this ridiculous Korean fast-food burger for your reading and viewing pleasure. So let's get started without further ado.


First a picture of the interior. It feels a lot like a McDonald's. They play trendy pop music and everything.


I managed to take a picture of the menu for you this time. It looks very much like McDonald's. Notice the funny little hats the employees wear. Odd.

I ordered the baddest looking burger on the menu. It is called the "European Frico Burger" I had no idea what a Frico is, but I found out...



After you order, they give you a little buzzer thing with your number. It goes off vibrating and flashing when your food hits the counter so you come get it. This is a good thing. They are a little slower than McDonald's it takes about 5 minutes to get your food.


When you get your food, it is stacked perfectly and centered on the tray. I ordered the "set", with the drink and fries so I could share this with you. The sacrifices I make on your behalf...

Here is another view of the perfectly centered tray. Notice how neatly they wrap the burger. They even gave me a straw for my drink, a napkin, and one packet of ketchup. They should do that in America instead of making us get our own.


The burger has a little paper circle around it to keep it nice and neat until you start eating it. I don't know how I feel about perfectly stacked burgers like this, because if it is tall enough to need a cardboard ring to keep it upright, it just falls apart when you start eating.

Here is my burger after the first bite so you can see what is inside. This burger has just about everything but the kitchen sink on it. Starts out with cheese sauce, tomato, lettuce, paprika! (a bell pepper ring!) then the beef patty, and some kind of yummy sauce. Then the Frico! A disk of cheese that has been deep fried. Check it out there on the bottom. Underneath that there are olives, which I'm not particularly a fan of (I picked them off).

To round out the meal, I drank Chilsung Cider (made by Lotte!) which is kind of like Sprite. Meh not anything to rave about. I have been to a restaurant and ordered Sprite off the menu, and been served this Cider. They're interchangeable here apparently. The fries were also not really worth writing about. They're decent fries, but McDonald's definitely has them beat on that front.

So many calories, so much yum. So this burger is a little on the strange and unique side. Overall, this is a pretty tasty burger. I would eat it again.

Next week I am going to go to Burger King and eat a Hawaiian bulgogi burger. Pineapple!

4 comments:

Mr. Dan said...

I think it is awesome that you would sacrifice so much for so few. It is a tribute to your adventuring. I wonder if you ever wake up and it doesn't feel strange...but I guess only time will tell. Keep up the good work and sacrifice for us a lot!!!

Katie said...

TGI Fridays had a buger like that for a little while minus the cheese sauce and pepper... Oh and olives so nothing like that I guess. Keep sacrificing your body for us foodies. Else I will live in a mysterious haze.

Shae said...

OMG, you found a burger almost perfect for Raven! A big piece of deep fried cheese on it, he'd be in heaven!

Dad said...

Like the others, I appreciate your sacrifice! (He says as he eats an orange with his bottle of water) The hats are just like I had to wear at McD's back in 79. We had to stack the burgers that neatly and such also - the manager would open them to check. Different times! Keep the pictures coming!