Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Pepero Day!!!!


While today is Veteran's Day back home, in Korea it is PEPERO DAY. You may know them better by the name Pocky. Basically cookie sticks dipped in chocolate. So corporate. It is MILLENNIUM pepero day because it is 11/11/11. My kids have been excitedly telling me about this holiday since the beginning of the month so on 11/10/11 I bought some giant pepero sticks to share with my kids today. They were really well behaved for as hyped on sugar as they were.

I gave them Pepero for the last 5 minutes of class, and told them that most of the rest of the world is celebrating a Memorial holiday for soldiers, with a very very brief history lesson. They were surprised Pepero Day is only in Korea.

So without further ado, I  will show you my Pepero haul from the day. Kids gave me quite a stash.









Most of my 빼빼로 boxes had messages on them. Cute!



This was the most adorable one. Two sticks of pepero taped together with an adorable animal note. It says "Always Thank You - Kim Ji Hyun"
I passed these out to all the kids in my classes. Ahhh bribery. They were extra good today.
What I ended up with at the end of the day.
Another view




4 comments:

V. V. said...

Looks like it was a good day! :)

Dad said...

Too cool. I think your kids really like you. I guess you're a pretty cool teacher, huh?

Shae said...

I find it intriguing that no matter what country you are in, you always feel like the rest of the world should be celebrating the same holiday you are. (Well, not *you* specifically, but you know what I mean). Korean children think we all have cookie day :) I wish we did, I wish no one needed to have Veterans Day! Miss you Meg!

Mr. Dan said...

I think that is ridiculous and they got it all wrong..oh my god they should have bacon bacon day instead..like we have here in this country!!!