Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Muga and me are back in the USA right now, enjoying seeing family and friends and having an oven and old familiar ingredients to cook with. My dad wants my recipes for Thanksgiving favorites so he can make them himself when I'm not here next year. I thought I'd type them up and share them with everybody. I don't really follow recipes very well so these are all kind of just guesses.

My family always asks me to cook the green bean casserole. I kind of sort of follow the recipe on the fried onion can. This is the doubled recipe. You can easily cut it in half and just use one kind of soup, it doesn't matter.

Preheat the oven to 350 (or whatever, it's not really that important)
4 cans French-cut green beans (I think french-style beans are the trick that makes everybody like it so much)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
Mix together in a large casserole dish.
Season with: Poultry seasoning, sage, black pepper.
(I kind of cover the whole top in a thin layer so you can't see through it, then mix in. I have no idea what measurements this is. Season to taste.)

Bake for about 30 minutes-ish until all bubbly and stuff.
Top with a large can of fried onions or two small cans (or whatever it takes to cover it. Use as much or as little as you like.) and pop it back in the oven until they are golden brown on top. (About 5 minutes)

I also make a kick-ass stuffing. Anyone want the recipe?

1 comment:

Shae said...

I made a green bean casserole from scratch ladt year with fresh beans, mushrooms, and cream. I have the recipe if you want it, it was so much better than the ones I've had with canned stuff-and those are usually pretty good!