Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Last weekend

Friday night I went out with my coworkers after work. Again it was two of the Korean teachers (Same two) and all of us foreign teachers. We had dinner at a restaurant where you order one dish to share family style. They have big skillets in the middle of the table and they co0k the food right in front of you. I ate there with Brian the week before and it is really good (It's definitely on my list of things to eat with my dad when he visits ;) )

After dinner, we went to the bar one of the teachers works at. (He is a teacher by day and a bartender by night!) First there was a live band playing the end of their last set when we got there (around 11:30pm) They made the whole bar sing Happy Birthday to the lead guitar player's dad who was in the audience. Our group then received a slice of chocolate birthday cake to share.

After the music was finished, our bartender coworker proceeded to sling a variety of cocktails and shooters for us to all try. My favorite drink I tried that night was a cocktail named "S&M". Lol. I did not get drunk don't worry! (Jack :P) A couple of our party did get fairly drunk, but I'm not going to name names. Just know it wasn't me, and the results were pretty funny.

After everybody had partaken of a suitable level of alcohol for themselves and we were all tired (Around 3am) a third 0f the group went home, a third stayed at the bar, and a third of us (Me being in this group) decided to go get some food. So five of us ventered a few blocks over to a street that was full of street food vendors (At 3:30 am! A street teeming with people selling food!) We had a variety of small dishes and shared them all. I can't remember the names. We had the ddok boki (See previous entry) and gim bap (Gim bap is like sushi, only it's Korean not Japanese.) And a strange little dumpling full of rice noodles that I can't remember the name of. It was all pretty greasy and spicy and altogether pretty perfect for eating at 3am after a night out.

I rode home in a taxi with two teachers that live near me. They dropped me off at my apartment and I went to bed somewhere around 4 or 5 am.

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Glad you're having a good time kiddo