So somebody brought a package of rice cakes to work yesterday, I'm not sure who supplied them. I thought I might as well try them.

The box held an assortment of different colors. I don't know if the different colors signified different fillings, since I only ate one. (Didn't want to look like the fat greedy American right?) As you can see they were pretty popular, about half gone by the time I got to them.

I chose a plain white one, and found it was filled with red bean paste. (Which sounds kind of gross doesn't it? But cocoa is a bean too, remember? Coffee and chocolate -- not so gross!) It was actually pretty good. Not super sugary and sweet. The red bean paste filling kind of reminded me of chocolate a bit. The outside was very chewy in a soft way. I don't know exactly how to describe the texture. The inside was very soft and kind of melted in your mouth. Overall, would eat it again and probably will.
Up next: I ordered a wacky Korean pizza for dinner. More details later! There will be pictures promise!
4 comments:
Hmmm...it does sound a odd and possibly gross, but I'd definitely try one. :) Can't wait to hear about and see this Korean pizza btw!
Cool. How much are they? I'll try them when I'm over there.
A friend of ours is always eating things that sound weird to me and she brought some of those sweet rice cakes once. I tried on and I didn't like it so much, it had a very strange texture. Like you, I don't know how to describe it, but it was weird!
I have had bean paste before and wasn't impressed but it could have been better there. I am really interested to hear about the pizza.
Post a Comment