Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day at the beach!

Been really slow updating, sorry guys. Here's a double-battered corn dog from our day at the beach for your patience...
 Yeah, I ate that. Korea is out-hedonism-ing America by far. This is a corn dog that has been battered AGAIN and fried. Anyways, back to the beach trip:

 So last month, Kit and Ryan came down from Seoul to visit. Kit really wanted to go to the beach so the three of us got on a bus with our swimsuits and towels and tried to find the beach.

Our first attempt was unsuccessful. I mean, we found the ocean but it wasn't a beach you could swim at. All sharp rocks and stuff. I captured Ryan's look of dismay as we realized this was the wrong beach. We kept going though...


And then we found the beach! Here's the sign telling us where we are and what's around us.  The lovely Ilsan beach was completely covered in people, because it was a holiday weekend. We rented an umbrella and hung out in the sand.

Then we got in the water. Or tried to. It was absolutely freezing! The Pacific is so very very cold. And it was extra cold that day. Whatever I put in it went numb within a few seconds. So we got out of the water again, and layed in the hot sand and sun. Then when we got hot we'd run into the ocean and see how far we could go before we got too cold and ran back out into the hot sand. It was a fun lazy afternoon.


At one point we buried Kit alive and made her a mermaid tail. She really likes sand. Not me!!

Some teenagers asked us to take their photo and then took ours in return. Here's all three of us :)

And I took a panorama of the whole beach so you guys could see how pretty it is. You should click this picture to open the big version. (The family in it was walking along the beach and just happens to be in three different places once the picture was stitched together. Hilarity! )

2 comments:

V. V. said...

That beach is so beautiful!

dad said...

And I gotta try one of those double dipped corn dogs!