Tonight I went to a kimchi restaurant and ordered kimchi stew. See if you can spot it on the menu 김치지개 6.000 It is one of the famous dishes of Korea.
My kimchi jigae came in a boiling hot stone pot (notice the bubbles and steam) so I thought I would post pictures while it is cooling enough to not burn my mouth to a crisp. It is served with the usual assortment of sides. The metal thing is a bowl of rice.
I have adjusted to Korea so much that I rarely think things are unusual anymore and forget to take pictures or write anymore.



The soup is really spicy. It has bite size pieces of cabbage and big chunks of fatty pork. It tastes a lot like kimchi, but spicier and soupier.
The sides were a plop of soft tofu drizzled with some kind of soy sauce, fish cakes (think fish bologna) in a sweet sauce, and kimchi! It's not a meal without kimchi. This restaurants kimchi is pretty good, it has sesame seeds on top and it is always really fresh since they use up all the older kimchi in every single dish they make. Old smelly well fermented kimchi makes the best jigae.
My kimchi jigae came in a boiling hot stone pot (notice the bubbles and steam) so I thought I would post pictures while it is cooling enough to not burn my mouth to a crisp. It is served with the usual assortment of sides. The metal thing is a bowl of rice.
I have adjusted to Korea so much that I rarely think things are unusual anymore and forget to take pictures or write anymore.
The soup is really spicy. It has bite size pieces of cabbage and big chunks of fatty pork. It tastes a lot like kimchi, but spicier and soupier.
The sides were a plop of soft tofu drizzled with some kind of soy sauce, fish cakes (think fish bologna) in a sweet sauce, and kimchi! It's not a meal without kimchi. This restaurants kimchi is pretty good, it has sesame seeds on top and it is always really fresh since they use up all the older kimchi in every single dish they make. Old smelly well fermented kimchi makes the best jigae.
6 comments:
So... I wanna know what are the sides and what does everything taste like. Silly girl... you must tell us all the senses beyond sight and touch!
Looks good to me. Reminds me of so many dishes we had while I was there. Wish I could come back sooner.
It looks so yummy. Better than my nachos. Im with Toni... What is everything else...
It looks so yummy. Better than my nachos. Im with Toni... What is everything else...
Mmmm...looks so tasty! You make me crave kimchi!!
LOL, see the things I find while catching up on your blog and looking for the weird snacks?
My hat's off to you for the kimchi though, I have never been able to get passed the fact that it's rotten cabbage, LOL. Like sauerkraut. I just can't bring myself to eat it!
Post a Comment